A gadget used for cleaning contact lenses using saline solution and ultrasonic waves is called a contact lens machine. There are several variants of contact lens machines in brands, makes and models but the working principle for the machines are the same. The machine is turned on after putting the lens in a basket filled with the regular lens solution or a saline solution. It merely takes around a maximum of 15 minutes and minimum 5 minutes for the lens to be cleaned properly. However after the lens have been cleaned using the machine, the machine should be cleaned and rinsed to get rid of the remnants of the previous lens cleaned. This ensures that these same germs are not attached to the lens, the next time they are cleaned.
- Cloth without Fur/fluff
- A piece of cloth
- The contact lens cleaning machine should be unplugged and adapter cord should be removed.
- Next, the door on the top of the machine should be opened. This is generally located at the same location for all models. The basket should also be removed from the machine.
- The cleaning basket should be cleansed and dried.
- It should be ensured that the machine has dried by putting the fur/fluff free cloth in the machine. For extra care, machine should be filled with warm water. This is important to do if the machine is not used quite often as the remains of saline might turn into saline crystals which can cause difficulties in the future.
- The cloth should be soaked in warm water and squeezed to get rid of any excess moisture. Finally, the outside of the machine should be cleaned.