An ample amount of ultrasonic cleaning solution has to be prepared in order to clean jewelery. Ultrasonic cleaning solutions are relatively much better for cleaning jewelery than other home made solutions. The ingredients of the detergent have to be checked extensively before using the detergent to avoid any harmful stone reaction.
- Mild temperature detergent
- container of plastic material
- Spoon made out of wood and distilled water
Step by Step Method
- Firstly, Avoid detergents with bleach and lauryl sulfate otherwise you will end up with a foamy solution that is not recommended for use.
- Secondly, use a plastic container to store your solution for timely use. Make a mixture of two cups of distilled water and a cup of the detergent in the container.
- Thirdly, carefully slowly stir your solution.
- Finally, your solution is ready for use in the ultrasonic cleaner!
Things to remember
- Jewelery stones may be covered by a soap layer if not quickly rinsed after the procedure of ultrasonic cleaning. Rinse quickly!
- Check your kind of stone and take advice from your jeweler before cleaning your jewelery through this method.