An ultrasonic water atomizer contains an ultrasonic transducer. It is the transducer put in the liquid that produces the sonic vibration. When the liquid vibrates, the water’s surface becomes agitated. This creates droplets which move upward toward the screen. Upon hitting the screen, the droplets are converted into much smaller droplets and then scattered into the air.
It is easy to make an ultrasonic water atomizer. You can turn a nebulizer, humidifier, or any container into an ultrasonic water atomizer by putting an ultrasonic transducer in it. The container should have a cover and screen or holes.
To make your own ultrasonic water atomizer, there are things that you need to have and instructions that you should follow.
You need the following:
- 48-volt AC power supply (or 48-volt DC power supply)
- Soldering iron
- Solder (must be lead-free)
- 1.65 MHz ultrasonic transducer
- Nebulizer board
Once you have all the items listed above, do the following steps:
- Get the nebulizer board and look for the part that has the “TD” label.
- Using the lead-free solder and soldering iron, connect the leads of the ultrasonic transducer to that part of the board.
- At the part of the board that has the “AC” label, connect the wires of the 48-volt AC power supply. Do not solder the wires. Just attach them to the board’s connectors. If what you have is the DC power supply, you have to solder the wires to the board. Look for the “VDC” part of the board. It has “D1” and “D2” sections. Connect the wires to those sections.
- Insert the plug of the power supply into the socket. If the transducer hums, it means you made the right connections.
- Get the container and put the transducer in it. If you have a humidifier, you can use it instead of the container.
- Pour water into the container. The water should be 1.18 inches high.
- Close the container’s lid. Be sure that the hole around the leads of the transducer is sealed.
- Insert the power supply’s plug into the socket. Pour additional water when there is not enough water left in the container.
As you now know, as long as you have an ultrasonic transducer and other items that are easy to acquire, making an ultrasonic water atomizer is really easy. Enjoy using your atomizer. Just remember to not use it when there is no water in the container. Otherwise, your atomizer will be damaged.