Biodiesel is undoubtedly one of the most popular alternative fuel options. Definitely, more and more people have been taking an interest in this fuel type. That is not surprising, considering the many benefits of using this diesel substitute. Aside from being friendly to the environment, biodiesel does not cost much to produce.
Petroleum fuel types have high prices, and there are clear indications that their prices will continue to increase. Because of this, lots of people have been looking for fuel alternatives. Thankfully, biodiesel technology was developed. Now there is a safe and less costly fuel option. On top of that, you can even make biodiesel at your home. All you need are some easy to obtain items and a biodiesel processor.
As its name suggests, biodiesel processor is a machine used for processing biodiesel. It converts vegetable oil into the biodegradable fuel. Vegetable oil is the main ingredient of biodiesel. The other ingredients are methanol and lye. A biodiesel processing machine is easy to operate. Below are the instructions on how to make biodiesel using a biodiesel processor.
- Remove the impurities of the used vegetable oil. Take away as much as you can. Impurities that are commonly found in used cooking oil include free fatty acids and water. The presence of impurities will result to a biodiesel that does not have a high quality. As a matter of fact, high levels of water could cause a soap to form.
- Once you are sure that almost all, if not all, of the impurities have been removed, set the vegetable oil aside.
- Combine methanol and lye. Lye is a catalyst. It will speed up the chemical reaction. Mix the two ingredients together using the chemical mixer.
- Add the vegetable oil into the mixture. When the vegetable oil is already a part of the mixture, the biodiesel tank will then be used as a closed reaction tank.
- Heat the mixture to start the conversion process. Set the temperature to about 158 degrees Fahrenheit. At this temperature, fat is converted into ester. Heat the mixture for a minimum of one hour and a maximum of eight hours. The time depends on the quantity and quality of the mixture.
- Let the biodiesel processor run and do its job. Once conversion into ester is done, glycerin is formed. The processor then removes the glycerin, leaving only a thin liquid. This thin liquid is biodiesel.
- Without washing the biodiesel, it is distilled to remove extra alcohol.
- When the extra alcohol has been removed, the biodiesel is washed using mists or bubbles. This is to remove any remaining unnecessary substances, such as glycerin and alcohol.
- The biodiesel is dried and filtered. You now have a quality biodiesel that you can use in your car and other diesel-powered engines.
As you now know, it is easy to make biodiesel. Even you can make it, as long as you have a biodiesel processor. Invest in a biodiesel processor now and enjoy the benefits of using biodiesel. Visit https://www.bjultrasonic.com/shop/ultrasonic-biodiesel-reactor/ to know more about biodiesel processors.
Ultrasonic Products We Offer
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: