Small sheets of brass can be cleaned up through the combination of common household cleaning products and an ultrasonic cleaner. High frequency vibrations can be created by the ultra sonic cleaning devices and delivered through the cleaning solution onto the target brass surfaces. The intensity of the vibrations is high enough to make the liquid penetrate deep into the gaps between the surfaces and clear the buildups away thoroughly. Even the most hard-cleaning surfaces on brass can be completely cleaned through the vibration in household cleaning solution in less than an hour.
- Put the beaker in the basin of the ultra sonic cleaner. Place one layer of brass sheets into the beaker. Then place a second beaker filled with another layer of brass inside the basin and duplicate this procedure to wash more bras at one time.
- Add a certain amount of distilled white vinegar into the beaker to cover half the height of the brass to be cleaned. Then pour distilled water in the beaker to completely cover the brass. Besides, for each cup of water in the beaker, a drop of liquid dish soap is still needed.
- Set the timer on the ultra sonic cleaner to three cycles of 480 seconds or a continuous 24 minutes. After sonication, decant the vinegar solution.
- Wash the brass sheets with distilled water. Pour distilled water into the beaker to around the 600 ml line. Put 1 and 1/3 grams of baking soda into the beaker.
- Put the beaker of brass pieces in the basin of the ultrasonic cleaner. Set the timer to 480 seconds. After sonication, decant the cleaning liquid in the beaker and wash the brass sheets with distilled water.
- Cover the brass pieces in the beaker with hot distilled water. Put the beaker back to the basin of the ultra sonic cleaner and clean for another 480 seconds. Decant the cleaning water.
- Cover the brass sheets in the beaker with distilled water of room temperature. Put the beaker back to basin of the ultra sonic cleaner and clean for another 480 seconds. Decant the water.
- Wipe the brass dry with a pice of soft cloth. Leave the cleaned brass in an airtight container of glass or plastic for storing.