Even the Department of Energy cannot turn its eyes away from the fact that Algae can be used as an option for fuel with great effectiveness. According to studies, algae have the potential to generate thirty times more oil per acre if we compare it to soybeans and corn, the conventional types of bio-fuel crops. However, the production of algae is not that simple and it needs professional equipments and it involves complex mechanism. Not only algae are sustainable, they are very tolerant and can grow in very extreme conditions. They can generate 15000 gallons of bio-fuel from a single acre of algae. (You might be interested in our Ultrasonic Biodiesel Reactor )
Things You Will Require
- Photo-bioreactor or other cultivation method
- Algae strain
- Cultivation and harvesting equipment
- Oil extraction device
- Biodiesel generator
- You will need an algae strand that has abundance of chlorophyll and has utmost percentage of oil output. You must have a good knowledge about the location and conditions of your plan to cultivate algae. The best thing about algae is that it can grow in both extreme hot weather and extreme cold weather. It can also be cultivated in an underwater tank or in a low pool. However, it depends on the type of algae as Hydrophilus algae give better output when cultivated in shallow pools. Use your preferred device to cultivate algae but keep in mind that your device must be in accordance with the conditions and output needs. You must also decide about whether to go with aquatic cultivation or marine cultivation.
- Leave 10 percent of crop and harvest the algae. That 10 percent will be used for reproduction purposes. If we compare algae with other biomass sources, it has a very fast turnaround time. This part will result in the production of waste liquor but after further processing, important food and other materials can be extracted from it. After some research, pick an extraction process and do not forget to choose particular machinery for the process. You have to be very attentive here because this is the most important step of the procedure. You can use eco-friendly options rather than conventional methods of toxic chemical in order to attain bio-fuel from algae.
- Do your work and pick the best possible extraction process because this is arguably the most important and tricky part of this whole process. It is recommended that you use eco-friendly options rather than conventional toxic chemical means. Enzymatic extractions are known to take assistance from an ultrasonic reactor and no toxic elements are involved in it. While on the other hand, osmotic shock ruptures the cell wall through osmosis.
- You need to purify the algae in order to generate pure triglyceride. You can then press these saved algae into cakes that can be used in many food products. After achieving triglyceride, you can then turn it into biodiesel by following the same procedure. In the end, you will get pure and clean oil, which can be used as an alternative to low-quality waste oil that has a very low crystallization point.
Ultrasonic Products We Offer
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: