You can clean you jewelry with ultrasonic jewelry cleaners thoroughly, without worrying about scratching the soft gemstones or the using of a brush into the crannies or nooks around the prongs or other complicated parts. Ultrasonic jewelry cleaners is just designed for cleaning your jewelry, but not for all pieces of jewelry. You still should take care about the kinds of stones and pieces you want to clean. In order to keep you continue shopping in his or her store, the jewelry salespeople may provide free clean of your jewelry to you. However, they may not be aware of whether your jewelry is suitable to be cleaned through ultrasonic method. You should evaluate the safety of having the salespeople to clean your gems.
- Pour warm water in the cleaning basket. The amount of water should be enough to cover the jewelry to be cleaned. You can also add a small amount of mild detergent as you prefer.
- Put the jewelry in the basin of the cleaning tank. Remember not to pile the jewelry on top of another one in case causing damage.
- Turn the ultrasonic cleaner on. The waves of sound released by the cleaner can produce small bubbles knocking the dirt an grim loose from the surface of jewelry being cleaned. According to the detailed instructions, the container may should be left on for about one minute. Be care not to leve the cleaner on too long, in case loosening the setting of the jewelry due to overexposure.
- Wait for about five minutes to allow the dirt and germ to settle down. Taking out the basket earlier may make the jewelry swirled back through the dirt and germs which are just knocked down.
- Be sure to wipe the jewelry dry with a pice of soft and lint-free cloth. If a detergent was utilized in the cleaning process, the jewelry should be rinsed with water before being dried with cloth.