There are many advantages for ultrasonic humidifiers over traditional humidifiers, such as their actually silent working noise level, low power consumption and the needless of filters. However, like many other types of humidifier, appropriate device cleaning and maintenance are still of great necessary for preserving their efficiency and service life.
- Firstly, turn off and unplug the humidifier. Pull the mist nozzle off the humidifier; wash the nozzle thoroughly with plain water, wipe it dry with a piece of paper towel.
- Detach the water tank from the water basin, decant all residual water in the tank and the basin. If these residual water are left in the tank and the basin when the humidifier is in use, mineral will settle down on the humidifier and bacteria will grow.
- Open the cap of the water tank, leave the water tank to air dry before replacing the tank on the basin. Dry the basin using a piece of cloth or paper towel. For that some parts of the machine may be delicate, such as the water sensor or nebulizer, you should be more careful when cleaning or wiping around these sections.
- Clean the humidifier thoroughly once a weak. Turn off the humidifier and unplug it. Remove the mist nozzle. Decant the residual water in the water tank and water basin.
- Pour in lukewarm water till half the height of the tank. Add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar or 1 tablespoon of bleach into the lukewarm water. Abrasive cleaners or detergent are prohibited for its possibility of damaging the humidifier. Put the tank cap back, shake the tank slowly to allow the contents in the tank mix together. Wait for at least 20 to 30 minutes to allow the vinegar or bleach water to clean the interior of the water tank.
- Slowly shake the tank, then decant the water solution. Wash the tank with plain water in order to remove the remaining vinegar or bleach water. Remove the tank cap to allow the tank air dry. Replace the tank on the basin.
- As to the water basin, prepare another mixture of lukewarm water and white vinegar or bleach water in the basin. Wait for another 20 to 30 minutes to allow the mixture to disinfect the basin. Drain the mixture out and wash the basin with plain water. Be sure not to immerse the basin or power cord in water. Wipe dry the interior surface of the water basin using a piece of cloth or paper towel.
Tips & Warnings
Never plug or unplug the humidifier power cord with wet hands, in case of being electric shocked.
Warm or hot water may damage the units of a humidifier, so please pour in cool water when using a humidifier.