Nobody can understand the substantial investments made on shooting and fishing equipment, unless you are a sports devotee. But buying the equipment is not the end of story. If you have generously spent considerable amount of money on a rifle or fishing reel, its maintenance is a necessary. After using the equipment in the field on stream for a day, a thorough cleaning job can be performed better by nothing else but an ultrasonic cleaner.
Ultrasonic cleaner is so effective because the action of cleaning is spread to all of the components, no matter how small or intricate they are. On the other hand, manual cleaning of these precision instruments which extensive small parts is next to impossible, no matter how thorough you are with the job of dismantling, cleaning, oiling and wiping the components. The ultrasonic cavitation unit swiftly removes all contaminants, like oils, greases, sand, salt deposits, and power residue that can be be detrimental for the life of sporting gear and wear it down quickly.
Ultrasonic cleaners are available in a range of sizes and prices in the market today. The lesser priced models are ideal for use at home to serve cleaning purposes to hunting and fishing enthusiasts and clubs. Ultrasonic cleaner can also be used by sports gear stores to offer as a service and attract more customers.
How an Ultrasonic Cleaner Works for Shooting and Fishing Gear:
- All the ultrasonic cleaners, irrespective of sizes and models, function on the basis of the same principle. It consists of a tank which is filled with a cleaning solution. An ultrasonic generator is used to generate energy that drives ultrasonic transducers attached at the bottom of the tank. On-off switches and timers are also general features of all models, however, some models offer solution heaters too.
To use the ultrasonic cleaner:
- Follow the instruction manual that comes along with the unit. Use the cleaning solution that is compatible with hunting and fishing gear and add it into the tank until it is filled. The ready-made solution available is concentrated and biodegradable; therefore, special disposal procedure is not required.
- Several components of dis assembled things such as rifles, pistols or reels which are used for fishing are first positioned in a basket of mesh or perforated tray which is then lowered in the cleaner.
- The bubbles, when come in contact with the contents of the basket, collapse with great force and blast away the dirt and other contaminants no matter if they belong in the smallest cracks or crevices or any other blind holes that are manually unreachable by soaking and scrubbing. This process of cleaning does not damage any delicate items and/or any delicate parts of any items.
- The process is fast and takes under 15 minutes in total. This can also be controlled using a timer. Once the cycle of cleaning is complete, the components are rinsed water after which they are lubricated and assembled again after drying.