Maintenance of forearms is a necessity for their proper working. Conventionally, brushes and cotton swabs have been used to clean firearms. The new ultrasonic cleaner presents modern methods of cleaning your firearms. The cleaner requires a solution that must be prepared with critical care. The formula of this solution contains some highly inflammable materials; therefore, it is advisable to steer clear of fire or flames.
Things you’ll need
- Denatured alcohol
- Murphy’s Oil Soap
- A measuring cup
- Wooden spoon
1. Determine the volume of solution required by the gun cleaner. Take your gun apart into its parts, place them into the cleaner and add water on top in carefully measured amounts. Keep a track of the amount of water added to give an estimate of the volume of solution required by your cleaner. Stop adding water when it is slightly below the lip of the ultrasonic cleaner. The purpose of determining exact volume of solution required by the cleaner is to prevent it from overflowing when gun parts are placed inside the cleaner.
2. Mix all the ingredients given above, in your ultrasonic cleaner according to the ratios given below:
- 30%-Denatured alcohol
- 15%–Murphy’s Oil soap
3. Use a measuring cup as your guide to respective percentages. Keep in mind that the amounts of each ingredient will vary, according to the given ratios, depending on the volume of solution your cleaner can hold.
4. Use the wooden spoon to gently mix all the ingredients together. Aggressive stirring and splashing the mixture should be avoided. Your solution is now ready to be used to clean your firearm.
Tips & Warnings
- Since the solution contains inflammable materials, be cautious about wiping any spills as soon as possible, to avoid potential fire hazards and serious damages to surfaces.
- As informed earlier, this is an inflammable solution. Do not use it around fire, heat or flames.
Ultrasonic Products We Offer
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: